18 Hacks to Feel Fuller Faster While Trying to Lose Weight
As we have always hammered at it, maintaining a calorie deficit is the key to unlock weight loss. If there’s no calorie deficit, no amount of exercise, slimming belt, or fat burning pill would work. Ideally, one should be in a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories to drop unwanted extra pounds, but the […] The post 18 Hacks to Feel Fuller Faster While Trying to Lose Weight appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
As we have always hammered at it, maintaining a calorie deficit is the key to unlock weight loss. If there’s no calorie deficit, no amount of exercise, slimming belt, or fat burning pill would work. Ideally, one should be in a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 calories to drop unwanted extra pounds, but the main deterrent in maintaining an energy expenditure is the inability to show restraint around food and frequent hunger pangs, which draw you towards food and more calories, eventually leading to piling up of pounds and weight gain. It’s important nourish the body but also to just eat the right amount of food without binging or overeating. When the functioning of satiety hormone “leptin” is impaired, it prevents you from feeling fuller and as a result, you do not feel satisfied even after eating a lot of food. Leptin is the satiety or fullness hormone that sends signal to the brain that you are “full” and have had enough food. Leptin and ghrelin (hunger hormone) usually work in unity, maintaining an optimum balance, ghrelin rising only when there is a need to replenish energy and leptin signalling when there’s enough calories and energy in the body. However, when leptin function gets impaired, leptin fails to send signal to the brain, and the body tends to pile on calories, uncertain of when to stop eating. Leptin resistance can also slow down your metabolism and increase ghrelin levels. All these factors not only prevents weight loss, they can make you gain weight with each meal. When someone becomes leptin resistant, it becomes very difficult to lose weight because the body is always in a state of hunger and does not realize that it has enough energy in the system. That’s why, in this post, we list out some amazing hacks to feel fuller faster while trying to lose weight.
1. Pack on Low-Energy Density Food: Low-energy density food can actually help for effective weight loss without cutting out essential nutrients from the diet. The concept of losing weight through low energy density food is great for people who hate to starve themselves by going on fad diets which mostly are based on depriving the body of certain food groups. Here’s a list of Low-Energy Density Foods that you can include in your diet.
2. Indulge in Water-Dense Food: Water-dense food such as cucumber, zucchini, lettuce, celery, bell peppers, cabbage, etc., serve two purpose – they are low in calories and carbs and at the same time, rich in water, so hydrate the body and make you fill with low calories.
3. Healthy Fats with Meals: When you combine your meals with healthy fats such as walnuts, almonds, and other nuts, a bit of ghee, or avocado, the combination will make you feel fuller and keep you satiated for longer.
4. Egg is a Superfood: It’s a complete food that is rich in major nutrients and a lot of essential micronutrients. Eggs help you to feel fuller and stay satiated for long, drastically reducing the need to snack on unhealthy treats.
5. Sprinkle Chia Seeds on Salads: Though high in calories, chia seeds do have a good amount of healthy fat and protein that would help you feel full and also boost the whole fat-burning process. Try sprinkling chia seeds in oatmeal and salads to get fuller faster.
6. Water Preloading: Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to aid weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating.
7. Eat from a Bowl: There’s an amazing scientific study that states that your brain gets tricked and feels satisfied when you eat from a bowl than from a plate. You would feel full when you eat from a small bowl with the same quantity of food that you eat from a larger plate. Also, the bowl’s weight in hand will give you the feeling that you are consuming more food. So, dump that plate and pick that bowl.
8. Add a Protein Factor to that Bowl of Salad: Try to include a bowl of salad before your main meals. Since salads are usually made of vegetables like cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, etc., some people may not actually feel full with just the greens – so do add in a bit of protein like chickpeas, tofu, or quinoa to increase the satiety factor. Also, totally avoid unhealthy salad dressings which may be high in sodium or sugar content.
9. Eat Good Amount of Whole grains to Feel Full: The high fiber content in whole grains take a long time to digest and make you full faster. Switch to whole grains rather than refined grains. Whole grains provide nourishment to your body without adding a whole lot of empty calories. We do suggest replacing white bread with whole wheat bread, whole grain pasta. Quinoa and brown rice are good options to replace white rice. Here’s the list of Best Carbs to Eat for Weight Loss.
10. Make Food Spicy: If you love spicy food, here’s the good news – spicy food can act as an appetite-suppressant and torch up calories as well. Here’s how that happens.
11. One tablespoon of olive oil at the beginning of the day: Olive oil when combined with yogurt or curd promotes feeling of fullness and nourishes the body with healthy fats, that boost the whole fat-burning process.
12. Fiber is Absolutely Necessary for Weight Loss: Fiber promotes feeling of fullness, slows down teh speed of digestion, and is great for the gut. That’s why Rati Beauty includes a lot of fiber factor in their diet programs to boost weight loss.
13. Eat More Textured Food: Compared to liquid food, soft food, or mashed food like (mashed potato, avocado), crunchy and rough-textured food can make you more aware of the amount of calories you are consuming, and the slow chewing of textured food can make a big difference in how faster you can feel full.
14. Eat Mindfully: Eat without any distraction, switching off the TV, and keeping away the phone to focus on the texture, color, and flavour of the food and to receive cues from the body once it is full.
15. Avoid Sugary Treats: Sugary delights like cupcakes, candies, bagels, chocolates can cause sharp spike in insulin and cause faster drop, making you hungry all over again, within a short period of time. Refined sugar, just like refined carbs is not good for weight loss.
16. Avoid Enticing Food Images: No one can deny the fact that the sight of gooey lava cake and the thought of delicious pizza can instantly make you hungry. Avoid scrolling through feed on social media that would show you food images that tempt your brain into sending signals of hunger even when you are full.
17. Amp up Protein-Rich Food: If you are eating a plate, fill one quarter of your plate with a healthy protein source and one-quarter of your plate with whole grain (like quinoa, brown rice), and fill half of your plate with vegetable. It’s the best way to feel fuller and that too faster.
18. Chew Slowly: When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds.
The post 18 Hacks to Feel Fuller Faster While Trying to Lose Weight appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.