20 Proven Ways to Speed Up Weight Loss
Weight loss is on everyone’s agenda right now, especially after feasting without any control on Diwali, and now the long wedding and festive season is ahead of us. Some of us would want to fit into that gorgeous dress that have been eyeing for so long, some others for health reasons, so it’s the right […] The post 20 Proven Ways to Speed Up Weight Loss appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Weight loss is on everyone’s agenda right now, especially after feasting without any control on Diwali, and now the long wedding and festive season is ahead of us. Some of us would want to fit into that gorgeous dress that have been eyeing for so long, some others for health reasons, so it’s the right time to think about losing weight and getting fit, and in this post, we list down 20 proven ways to speed up weight loss, so that you look toned and trim, ready to hit the party scene soon. Losing weight is not about getting lean and into a particular shape anymore, a healthy weight will drastically reduce the risk of metabolic and life-threatening disorders too. Since losing weight sounds like a good idea right now, let’s read about 20 proven ways to speed up the weight loss process.
1. Refeed Day Concept: The “refeed day” concept is gaining popularity as an effective method to kickstart metabolism after hitting a weight loss plateau. As we all know, we need to be in calorie restriction for fat burning to happen, but human body does everything it can to conserve “fat storage,” when there is shortage of normal calorie intake. It does so by lowering metabolism and the level of “leptin” hormone which is the satiety hormone. As a result, even with severe calorie restriction, people may not be able to lose significant amount of weight. That’s where refeed days are more effective than cheat meal, because on such a day (once in a week or once in 14 days), one would not practice calorie restriction and double the amount of carb intake. This tricks the body into believing there is enough food and it’s okay to burn glycogen and fat stores, increase metabolism, and also raise up leptin levels. After the refeed day, the body starts burning fat at a much faster rate and comes out of the weight loss plateau rather quickly.
2. Amp up Protein: When you consume protein, it increases the levels of the satiety hormones, reduces your appetite thereby also reducing the hunger hormone. In order to lose weight fast, you need to consume more protein and less of carbohydrates and fats. This way, you boost satiety hormones and keep the hunger hormones in check, which in turn means that you will be less likely to binge and eat calories. It is believed that what you eat is what you are. If you notice women who are in good shape, we bet they are on a healthy diet with high protein value in it. So, let’s have a look at how protein helps with weight loss in this post.
3. Switch to Rati Beauty Weight Loss Diet: Find the right meal and snacking schedules and lose weight by eating the right kind of food on Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet on the Rati Beauty app.
4. Say yes to Healthy Fats: Just like carbs and protein, fat is also an essential macronutrient, needed in a percentage of 20% to 35% of daily calories. In fact, all body cells have fat content and our brain is made of 60% fat. It is needed to relay signals through the body and in production of hormones. Our body switches to fat as an alternative source of energy when carbs run low. Fat also maintains the core temperature and keeps the body warm. Fat is absolutely necessary for the absorption of vitamins such as A, D, and E because these are fat-soluble vitamins. Fat does not cause insulin spikes and “insulin” is a hormone that also triggers fat storage. When there is too much insulin in the blood stream, there are more chances of it getting stored as fat. Read more about how Healthy Fat Can Make you Slim.
5. HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training with Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet can unlock your door to weight loss by firing up the metabolism.
6. Natural Appetite Suppressants: It’s extremely difficult to control the urge to bite into a bar of chocolate or a scoop of ice cream, but mindful eating, portion control, and maintaining calorie deficit are factors which would help you shed weight and burn fat and get you to the desired goal. To do all of the above, you need to curb appetite and we have some 22 Unique Ways to Suppress Appetite to Lose Weight listed in this post.
7. Different Ways to Boost Metabolism: Metabolism is that engine which torches calories in your body. Metabolism is the mechanism which takes place inside your body that converts calories (made available through food) into energy form. This mechanism is at work even when you are resting, sitting, and even sleeping and needed to produce energy for all bodily functions. Read about 21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism in this post.
8. MCTs Boost the Fat-Burning Process: Dairy products and coconut oil are rich in saturated fats and medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs) that help boost metabolism and fight the stubborn belly fat.
9. Don’t Underestimate the Power of H2O: Water is absolutely essential to run all metabolic functions, including lipolysis, and that’s why one should never skimp on water or try to replace it with other liquid beverages. Drink at least 8 glasses or 2 liters of water per day to boost the fat-burning process.
10. Don’t Forget to Workout or do yoga or go for a Walk: Weight loss is also about 80% diet and 20% exercise, and success can be achieved at a faster rate with this formula. Stick to Rati Beauty weekly diets and home workouts and lose weight at a faster pace.
11. Cut out Sugar: High in calories, white sugar triggers sharp release of insulin hormone which is also a hormone that tells the body to store fat. Use these healthy alternatives of sugar to prevent rapid weight gain.
12. Take Probiotics on a Daily Basis: Lactobacillus gasseri is a probiotic which has been linked to reduction in belly fat. Research suggests though it is possible to boost the weight loss process with probiotics, a good diet along with an active lifestyle is the only way to lose weight efficiently. Here are some food items rich in probiotics that you can include in your diet.
13. Sleep Like a Baby: There’s a direct link between sleep deprivation, low metabolism and weight gain. Sleep at least for 7 to 8 hours, and wake up with a super high metabolism.
14. Try Thermogenic Foods: Every morsel of food raises heat in the body in order for digestion to take place, but certain foods raise more temperature compared to others. Thermogenic foods increase energy expenditure in the body through the process of thermogenesis where the body actually burns more calories to breakdown such food, converting these calories to heat form. The thermic effect of food is the amount of energy required to actually digest and process food. Thermogenic food raise your body temperature and more calories get burnt to digest and process them. Ginger, chillies, garlic, turmeric are a few examples of thermogenic food.
15. Trade Sugary Foods with Spicy Food: Spicy food increases resting metabolic rate, burns calories even when you are doing nothing. The compound capsaicin found in most spicy food, boosts the fat-burning process, causes thermogenesis, and amps up metabolism.
16. Eat Before Eating: Drinking a bowl of soup or a salad before mealtime reduces hunger, makes you feel full quickly, and reduces calorie intake during main meals.
17. Meal Prepping: Most of us indulge in junk and processed food when we are confused about what to eat. Meal prepping for the entire week (jotting down recipes and cutting and chopping raw ingredients into separate boxes) leaves little room to indulge in unhealthy food. It’s easy to take out boxes of pre-packed ingredients from the fridge and cook them. In fact, note down snacks also in your meal prep.
18. Replace Regular Tea with Green Tea: The metabolism boosting properties of green tea helps to reach out for fat reserves in the body to burn as energy, thus aiding weight loss. Compounds in green tea increase levels of hormones that tell fat cells to break down fat. This releases fat into the bloodstream and makes it available as energy. One study has shown that people consuming green tea can burn up to 100 more calories in a day than people who do not consume it at all, this is because green tea is rich in antioxidants which speed up up body’s metabolism and thus help in burning more calories.
19. Are you Missing Magnesium in your Diet: Magnesium helps to calm your mind down and decrease stress levels in the body, and also to increase serotonin (which is also called “happy chemical”) that regulates feelings such as mood and happiness. High serotonin level means you would feel less stressed out, and would lose weight at a faster rate without stress playing a roadblock.
20. Vitamin C is for Great Skin as well as Weight Loss: It’s not only important to cut down extra calories for weight loss, it’s also about providing the right amount of nutrition to the body in the form of essential vitamins and minerals, and one of those essential nutrients is vitamin C. Since vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, it counters inflammation caused by free radicals, and inflammation is one of the main reasons why we put on weight. Low amount of vitamin C will lead to visceral fat and belly fat and also impair fat oxidation. Which means to speed up burning of the belly fat, you need to have adequate amount of vitamin C in your system. Here are some Natural Food Sources That Are High in Vitamin C.
Apart from all these factors, say no to stress and anxiety because nothing can dampen your weight loss efforts more than sleep deprivation and stress. High cortisol level can prevent any fat burning from happen, and that’s why you need to find ways to lower chronic stress. Here are some effective ways that you could lower stress to lose weight.
How High Protein Diet Can Help you Lose Weight
Natural Food Sources That Are High in Vitamin C